Compared with the traditional general rubber fender, the fender system with front frame, UHMW PE pad and chain system is more complex in structure, pressure and corrosion environment. Therefore, in order to ensure and prolong the service life of the rubber fender system, regular inspection and maintenance must be carried out. After installation, each time the first three vessel berthing, it shall take inspection and keeps inspecting once a month thereafter.
What points should be checked:
- Check whether the bolts fixing the fender bottom and front panel are loose. If so, fix the nuts and washers by welding after tightening.
- Check whether there is any damage and cracks on the fender body, a it shall be repaired and replaced in time if find one or some serious problem.
- Check whether there is sinking, crack, corrosion on the front frame, it should be treated and replaced in time if these situation appearing, in order to prevent the front panel rust, it is best to make the anti rust treatment once a year.
- Check the front frame without any forward tilt, especially the open type. Impurities and alluvium accumulated in the inner side will easily cause the front panel to lean forward, which will affect the press area and friction performance of the contact surface.
- Check whether there is scratch or damage on the surface of the UHMW PE pad, and replace it in time if find any crack.
- Check the rubber fender system installed concrete base for cracks.
- Check all chain parts for rust and cracking, rubber parts for abnormal elasticity, it should be treated and replaced in time if with any problem.